workers compensation, field case management, telephonic case management
EK Health has a reputation for bringing cost containment and case resolution to complex and challenging Workers’ Compensation cases.
Our credentials in medical case management run deep. Founded in 1998 as a case management company, EK Health is considered a leader in medical and disability management services.
EK Health’s ability to resolve cases, especially where no progress could be achieved from early case intervention or routine medical management, makes EK Health the go-to company for medical case management.
Our clients know they can rely on us for sound and defensible medical case management service, as well as utilization, peer and bill review.
When managing claims involving future medical, we closely monitor cases to assure injuries or symptoms do not escalate or exacerbate from the original injury, and that the carrier does not pay outside of the future medical award.
We are especially skilled at bringing cost reductions or complete resolutions to claims involving multiple body parts or diagnoses that remain costly and highly litigated. We diligently address new symptoms, including those involving opioids or narcotic use that can cause more side effects.
Our Medical Case Management highlights:
- Operating nationally, we have field case managers across the country to serve injured workers.
- To address the needs of carriers and employers in the state with the largest economy, EK Health maintains extensive FCM coverage in California, including staffing in rural areas not served by other case management companies.
- We use a highly intuitive software that provides web-based and paperless medical management that is accessible by all parties 24/7 and insures timely coordination of care.
- Understanding that old case files can become overwhelming and stagnant, we take a global view of each case. Starting at inception date, we put data in chronological order, review what was effective or ineffective and focus on treatments that have not been tried, according to evidence-based medicine.
- Our telephonic and field case managers – many bilingual − are licensed RNs well-trained in evidence-based medical guidelines and proficient in assessing and identifying treatment that may not be medically necessary.
We train our nurses in listening skills, ability to work with difficult patients, and applying the SPICE model.
EK Case Management services include:
First Step Early Identification/Intervention ProgramSM
Field Case Management
Telephonic Case Management
One Time Evaluation/Task
Catastrophic Case Management
Chronic Pain Case Management
Life Care Planning
Multicultural & Multilingual Services