EK Health Services, Inc. ("EK Health"), a leading national workers’ compensation managed care company, is hosting a one day educational seminar July 30 for Texas workers’ compensation professionals, including adjusters, claims managers and case managers.
The seminar, titled The State of the Texas Workers’ Compensation System, will cover a number of key topics, including consumer protection, pain management, UR regulations, case law, as well as legislative updates pertaining to the industry. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be available for Adjusters, RNs and CCMs, including an Ethics component.
Key speakers presenting at the event include:
- Brian P. Bowes, Attorney, Hudson, of Potts & Bernstein, L.L.P., experienced in insurance defense, employment law, and Workers Compensation Law.
- Stuart D. Colburn, Attorney, Downs & Stanford, P.C., Founder and Chair of the State Bar of Texas Workers’ Compensation Section.
- Jane Stone, Attorney, Stone Loughlin & Swanson, L.L.P., past Vice-Chair of Workers’ Compensation Law Advisory Commission, Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Frank S. Hall, Director of Clinical Operations for EK Health Services, Inc., experienced in pharmacy in support of medical case management, utilization review, bill review, Medicare Set Aside and regulation compliance.
- Todd Brown, Director, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs for EK Health Services, Inc., former Executive Director of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission, former President of IAIABC Foundation and the Southern Association of Workers’ Compensation Administrators.
The educational seminar will be held on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 from 9:00 am- 4:45 pm CDT at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas (near the Galleria), 4099 Valley View Lane. The cost is $125 per attendee (including lunch), with a registration deadline of July 25. CEU credits will be available for Texas adjusters (6.5), registered nurses (3) and certified case managers (2).
To register, please contact Sharon Sun at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 861-1595 x120. Alternatively, you can register online at EK Health 2014 Texas Workers’ Compensation Seminar and conveniently pay via PayPal.
Founded in 1998, EK Health Services, Inc. is a leader in national workers’ compensation managed care services, specializing in Case Management, Utilization and Peer Review, Medical Bill Review, Medicare Set-Aside and Medical Provider Network for insurance companies, employers, for-profits and public entities.EK Health has representatives in multiple states.