Our Catastrophic Case Management service is offered for severe injuries such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, burns, or motor vehicle accident injuries. Experienced FCM Nurses will meet with the Injured Worker and upon assignment. EK Health’s catastrophic case management nurse will address:
- Industrial diagnosis from the reported injury to include all noted body parts;
- Assessment by systems such as neurological status, respiratory status, skin/wound assessment, orthopedic involvement by body part, psycho/social factors to impede recovery, and non-industrial diagnosis or co-morbidities such as diabetes, cardiac disease, obesity, renal involvement, and other complex chronic conditions;
- Current medications by dosage, route, and frequency;
- Treatment ordered to date including all pertinent diagnostic tests;
- Specialties or consults ordered to treat the injuries;
- Anticipated length of stay;
- Anticipated discharge plans and needs such as acute rehab, transportation, home care needs;
- Barriers to MMI including legal, medical releases, obstacles in obtaining information or records, multiple body parts; and
- Anticipated Medical Management plans and goals, group conferences with multiple physicians, next visits, additional consultation needs.
- Formal written reports are provided to clients within fourteen days of the initial assignment and as outlined by the customer going forward.
Coordination of care between all parties is supremely important in catastrophic case management. Our nurse will stand confidently in the gap between all treating physicians and the injured worker, his/her family, the claims professional and any other party engaged in the injured worker’s medical care.